- The product is a classic Chinese oil with high dryness factor, based on Chinese ”heavy tree oil” combined with a fatty alkyd and linseed oil.
- Chinese wood oil has been used for thousands of years to protect wood from the penetration of moisture.
- The share of Chinese oil is 85 % of the share of the oil.
- The Chinese oil differs from ”conventional” oil through its smaller molecular size gives it extremely deep penetration properties.
- Also mitigate cracking, blue quenching and mould.
- Wood oil for weather protection treatment of both newly and previously impregnated wood, even greasy exotic types of timber.
- Suitable for both initial treatment and maintenance of, for example, garden furniture, decking, windows, façades and woodwork.
- Also very suitable on traditional 'difficult' timber such as teak and mahogany, even in marine environments, both above deck and below deck.
- The oil's deep penetrating properties give a number of other areas of use, for example, for dust binding and to promote shine on clinker and tiling.
- The substrate shall be solid, dry and well cleaned.
- Loose, porous and disintegrating wood is removed with the help of a steel brush or sanding.
- The oil is applied until the substrate finishes absorbing it.
- After a few minutes any excess oil is wiped off with a rag or sponge.
- If necessary the treatment is repeated after drying.
- The oil shall penetrate the substrate and not form a film on top.
- The treatment is repeated as necessary several times yearly.
- It is especially important to treat in the autumn.
- Apply with a brush, dipping or rag.
- NOTE: The high dryness factor means that the oil is NOT suitable as a basic oil for subsequent over-painting with paint.
RISK OF SELF-COMBUSTION of oil-soaked rags, cotton waste, paper, etc. Used material must immediately be drenched in water and then placed in an air-tight and fully sealed container or be incinerated.
- Bonding agent: Heavy tree oil, linseed oil
- Gloss: Dependant on substrate
- Density: approx. 0.87 g/cm³
- Dry matter content: 45 volume %
- Colour: Clear
- Material consumption: 4-10 m²/l
- Viscosity: 30-40 sec, 3 mm beaker
- Fire class: 3
- Storage/transport: 2 years 8 in unopened packaging.
- Application conditions: Above +4 °C, not too warm
- Thinning/cleaning: Turpentine/aliphate naphtha
- Drying time: approx. 1 day, depending on temperature and air humidity
- Contents: 1 l
- Store in a frost-free location