Make Work Easier with the Right Clothes
No matter if you’re a DIY enthusiast or a professional, it’s important to have the right type of workwear that both protects you and makes the work easier. Here at Biltema you will find everything from work trousers and protective clothing to work shoes and gloves.
Before buying workwear, it’s important to consider what kind of clothes you’re actually going to need. The choice of clothing and equipment naturally depends on the type of work you are going to do. What is the purpose of the clothing: to protect you, facilitate the work, or make sure that you are visible at the worksite?
Here come 5 practical tips for choosing appropriate workwear.
- Choose workwear according to the worksite. Before buying workwear, it is important to find out about the work requirements and which need to be met. It is usually the employer who sets the work requirements at the worksite.
- Choose workwear appropriate for the season. For example, in proper summer weather we suggest t-shirts, shorts, and a jacket with good breathability. When you need to protect yourself from the elements, dressing in layers will be very beneficial. A base layer that wicks away moisture, an intermediate layer, and a lined work jacket for the cold. Dressing in this way will allow you to easily adapt the outfit when the weather changes.
- If you are a professional worker, choose workwear according to laws and regulations.
Perhaps the most important thing regarding the choice of workwear is to ensure that the clothes comply with laws applicable to the industry. For example, there are special requirements for work clothes when working with hazardous chemicals or machines. In these cases, all personal protective equipment must be CE marked. For certain special clothing, there are also requirements regarding warning colours, for example, to contribute to the safety of workers. If a product is CE marked at Biltema, this is clearly stated in the product description.
- Consider your comfort. Working days are long, especially if you are outdoors in bad weather. That’s why it’s important to have work clothes that you can move freely in and that allow the body to breathe. The clothes must also have a good fit, so it’s important that the clothes are the right size or can be adjusted according to your body. Well-placed and useful pockets also contribute to the utility of the garment.
- Take care of your workwear. If you care for your work clothes properly, you can extend the service life. This means you must wash and dry them according to the instructions, otherwise the quality of the garment will quickly deteriorate. It’s therefore important that you take proper care of your work clothes. How often work clothes should be replaced depends on the type of work you do.
We have listed a selection of workwear below that provide a good foundation regardless of whether you are a DIY enthusiast or a professional.
Choose work trousers according to need
Unlike casual trousers, work trousers are specially designed to withstand harsh conditions. Our work trousers are available in several sizes and models to make it easier to find a pair that suit you.
Flexible work jackets
Our work jackets provide maximum protection from the cold, so you won’t have to worry about wind and weather. In the range you will find jackets that are water-, wind- and dirt repellent. You will also find flexible jackets with good fit, breathability and mobility. Do you need to be visible from a distance? Then a high-visibility jacket combined with high-visibility trousers may be right for you.
How to choose the right work gloves
No matter what you will work with, you need the right gloves for the job. Ask yourself the following: What do you need to protect your hands against? Do the gloves need to protect against cold or heat? Should your new work gloves be food-grade approved? Will you handle chemicals?
Add to your workwear
Don’t miss out on practical extras and accessories in durable materials that, in addition to making your workday easier, provide added comfort. Discover belts, suspenders, knee pads, socks, t-shirts and more in our range!