Spotless Cleaning Results – how to clean like a pro
It’s important to plan the cleaning well, but we dare to say that cleaning is easier and more fun with the right tools and products. Because surely the best thing about cleaning is when it’s finished? And your house smells and feels freshly cleaned?
So, start by taking a look at your cleaning equipment at home. Do you have a well-functioning vacuum cleaner? Does the floor mop need to be replaced perhaps? Do you have all the cleaning products you need?
The right cleaning equipment
The right equipment and cleaning products are essential when it comes to easy and efficient cleaning.
The right cleaning tools
By using good cleaning tools, you achieve a better end result and you don’t need to worry about getting grey hairs because the cleaning takes so long.
For most of us, it is enough to have a few, good quality cleaning tools at home in the cleaning closet.
Good cleaning tools to have at home:
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Sponges and cloths
- Microfibre cloths
- Window squeegee
The right cleaning products
When cleaning your home, effective and suitable cleaning products are just as important as having well-functioning equipment. The right products make your job easier and can save you a lot of time!
For example, green soap is a real saviour in many dirty emergency situations. Green soap is effective on all types of dirt, leaves a fresh scent, and is also gentle. A true lifesaver in other words!
Good cleaning products to have at home:
- All-purpose cleaner
- Green soap
- Window cleaner
- Toilet cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Oven and grill cleaner
Clean with bicarbonate – efficient and gentle!
Bicarbonate is a good alternative to chemical cleaning products. You can use bicarbonate to get rid of bad odours, remove stubborn stains, clear drains, and clean the dishwasher or oven. You can essentially use bicarbonate for cleaning throughout the home. Did you know that spirit vinegar and regular vinegar can also be used in cleaning?
The planner within us all loves all types of checklists – so our first tip is to make a home cleaning checklist. Maybe you can divide up the different cleaning chores among the family? There are also some cleaning chores that should preferably be carried out every week to keep your home in good condition. Which are those, you may be asking?
- Vacuum and mop the floors.
- Dust or wipe all surfaces that collect dust.
- Clean the toilet and bathroom – and clean the bathroom mirror.
- Make sure the laundry pile is not too high.
- Change the bedding.
- Empty rubbish and clean the bin.
Tips for keeping your home clean
For many, cleaning is a chore that you could easily put off, even though you know it needs to be done. Because surely it’s more fun to go out or spend time with family and friends? We have therefore provided a few helpful tips that will (hopefully) make cleaning a little easier.
- Wash dishes and clean up in the kitchen immediately after, or during, cooking. Then you won’t be left with piles and piles of dishes.
- Clean a little but often. For example, keep a cloth in the bathroom so that you can wipe down the surfaces periodically.
- Always hang clothes in your closet right away – none of us love those piles of clothes...
- Always make your bed when getting up in the morning. A made bed really helps to give the feeling of a tidy home.
- Give your children their own laundry baskets in their room in which they can place their dirty clothes.
- Clear up the worst mess before you go to bed. For example, filling up the dishwasher or picking up toys in the living room. That way you won’t wake up to total chaos, which will give you a good start to the day.