Join the hunt
To keep warm when you are out hunting, you should dress according to the layer upon layer method. Your hunting clothes should therefore consist of a warming undergarment and a warmer fleece jacket on top. When you are out hunting in the woods and fields, the most important part of your hunting clothes is the outer layer. It should be water and wind repellent, and blend into the surroundings where you are going to hunt. Therefore, start from the nature and environment you should hunt in when choosing hunting clothes.
We have gathered tips and inspiration on how you shoul dress when you go out hunting or fishing in an article that you find at the link below.
Good to keep in mind when you are out hunting:
- Move calmly and silently, preferably without contact with vegetation.
- Find a place to sit, which is a few meters above the ground. You get a better overview and it is good for your own safety.
- If you are going to the moose pass, try to avoid walking in open fields, where the animals can see or meet you.
- Take your time to get to your shift. If you start sweating, your human scent will be strengthened, which can lead to the animals being frightened off.
- If you need to go to the toilet during the hunt, it is important that you bury it down as soon as possible, so that the animals do not hear about it.
- Use your senses. Keep acute hearing attention if you hear a branch breaking; it could mean that an animal is approaching.